LASIK improves vision safely and precisely by reshaping the cornea to correct nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and astigmatism. Vision improves within minutes, and most patients eventually enjoy 20/20 vision or better after treatment.
The most commonly performed elective surgery in America, LASIK combines the advantages of two sophisticated technologies: the accuracy of the excimer laser and the benefits of lamellar keratoplasty. It is safe, precise and highly successful. Thanks to LASIK, millions of people worldwide have experienced the wonder of clear vision without glasses or contact lenses.
The ideal LASIK candidate:
- Is over 18 years old;
- Has had stable vision for at least six months;
- Has a healthy cornea thick enough for a flap;
- Has refractive error(s) that fall within the treatable range;
- Does not have a disease or condition that could impair the procedure or healing process;
- Has been educated about the procedure including its risks and benefits.
- Understands that the goal of surgery is to improve vision and reduce dependence on glasses and contact lenses.
- During your consultation, we will review your eyesight and discuss whether LASIK is right for you.
We don’t pressure our patients into undergoing a procedure that isn’t right for them. Every patient interested in LASIK is given an extensive evaluation to determine whether LASIK is right for him or her. During the consultation, the patient and doctor have a frank discussion about the advantages and risks of having laser vision correction surgery. Only then is the patient accepted as a pre-operative LASIK candidate.
Slade and Baker Vision Center – www.visiontexas.com
Dell Laser Consultants – www.dellvision.com/dlc-practice.htm
Eye Lasik Austin – www.eyelasikaustin.com